Cap-aux-Meules Housing - Mortgages and Subsidies


In Cap-aux-Meules 55% of home owners have a mortgage on their home. 11.4% of home owners in Cap-aux-Meules spend more than 30% of their household income on shelter costs. When it comes to rented homes, 17.7% of the rented homes in Cap-aux-Meules are subsidized and the remaining 82.3% pay market rent. Subsidized housing is government sponsored economic assistance program aimed towards alleviating housing costs and expenses for people in need with low to moderate incomes. 25.6% of tenants in Cap-aux-Meules spend over 30% of their household income on shelter costs.

StatisticDollar Amount
Homes with a mortgage55.00%
Homes spending more than 30% of household income on the home11.40%
Homes that are subsidized by tax payers17.70%
Rented homes where more than 30% of household income is spent on shelter costs25.60%
comments powered by Disqus