Lunenburg Housing - Mortgages and Subsidies


In Lunenburg 44.6% of home owners have a mortgage on their home. 23.3% of home owners in Lunenburg spend more than 30% of their household income on shelter costs. When it comes to rented homes, 15.6% of the rented homes in Lunenburg are subsidized and the remaining 84.4% pay market rent. Subsidized housing is government sponsored economic assistance program aimed towards alleviating housing costs and expenses for people in need with low to moderate incomes. 55.8% of tenants in Lunenburg spend over 30% of their household income on shelter costs.

StatisticDollar Amount
Homes with a mortgage44.60%
Homes spending more than 30% of household income on the home23.30%
Homes that are subsidized by tax payers15.60%
Rented homes where more than 30% of household income is spent on shelter costs55.80%
comments powered by Disqus