Whitchurch-Stouffville Housing - Mortgages and Subsidies


In Whitchurch-Stouffville 65.9% of home owners have a mortgage on their home. 23.4% of home owners in Whitchurch-Stouffville spend more than 30% of their household income on shelter costs. When it comes to rented homes, 6.2% of the rented homes in Whitchurch-Stouffville are subsidized and the remaining 93.8% pay market rent. Subsidized housing is government sponsored economic assistance program aimed towards alleviating housing costs and expenses for people in need with low to moderate incomes. 47.0% of tenants in Whitchurch-Stouffville spend over 30% of their household income on shelter costs.

StatisticDollar Amount
Homes with a mortgage65.90%
Homes spending more than 30% of household income on the home23.40%
Homes that are subsidized by tax payers6.20%
Rented homes where more than 30% of household income is spent on shelter costs47.00%
comments powered by Disqus