Yellowknife Housing - Mortgages and Subsidies


In Yellowknife 75.1% of home owners have a mortgage on their home. 10.6% of home owners in Yellowknife spend more than 30% of their household income on shelter costs. When it comes to rented homes, 29.7% of the rented homes in Yellowknife are subsidized and the remaining 70.3% pay market rent. Subsidized housing is government sponsored economic assistance program aimed towards alleviating housing costs and expenses for people in need with low to moderate incomes. 22.3% of tenants in Yellowknife spend over 30% of their household income on shelter costs.

StatisticDollar Amount
Homes with a mortgage75.10%
Homes spending more than 30% of household income on the home10.60%
Homes that are subsidized by tax payers29.70%
Rented homes where more than 30% of household income is spent on shelter costs22.30%
comments powered by Disqus