Alberta Housing - Mortgages and Subsidies


In Alberta 62.7% of home owners have a mortgage on their home. 19.3% of home owners in Alberta spend more than 30% of their household income on shelter costs. When it comes to rented homes, 10.2% of the rented homes in Alberta are subsidized and the remaining 89.8% pay market rent. Subsidized housing is government sponsored economic assistance program aimed towards alleviating housing costs and expenses for people in need with low to moderate incomes. 40.3% of tenants in Alberta spend over 30% of their household income on shelter costs.

StatisticDollar Amount
Homes with a mortgage62.70%
Homes spending more than 30% of household income on the home19.30%
Homes that are subsidized by tax payers10.20%
Rented homes where more than 30% of household income is spent on shelter costs40.30%
comments powered by Disqus