Alliston Housing - Mortgages and Subsidies


In Alliston 72.3% of home owners have a mortgage on their home. 20.5% of home owners in Alliston spend more than 30% of their household income on shelter costs. When it comes to rented homes, 10.4% of the rented homes in Alliston are subsidized and the remaining 89.6% pay market rent. Subsidized housing is government sponsored economic assistance program aimed towards alleviating housing costs and expenses for people in need with low to moderate incomes. 42.0% of tenants in Alliston spend over 30% of their household income on shelter costs.

StatisticDollar Amount
Homes with a mortgage72.30%
Homes spending more than 30% of household income on the home20.50%
Homes that are subsidized by tax payers10.40%
Rented homes where more than 30% of household income is spent on shelter costs42.00%
comments powered by Disqus