Banff Housing - Mortgages and Subsidies


In Banff 67.5% of home owners have a mortgage on their home. 23.9% of home owners in Banff spend more than 30% of their household income on shelter costs. When it comes to rented homes, 6.5% of the rented homes in Banff are subsidized and the remaining 93.5% pay market rent. Subsidized housing is government sponsored economic assistance program aimed towards alleviating housing costs and expenses for people in need with low to moderate incomes. 33.6% of tenants in Banff spend over 30% of their household income on shelter costs.

StatisticDollar Amount
Homes with a mortgage67.50%
Homes spending more than 30% of household income on the home23.90%
Homes that are subsidized by tax payers6.50%
Rented homes where more than 30% of household income is spent on shelter costs33.60%
comments powered by Disqus