Bolton Housing - Mortgages and Subsidies


In Bolton 65.4% of home owners have a mortgage on their home. 22.5% of home owners in Bolton spend more than 30% of their household income on shelter costs. When it comes to rented homes, 12.2% of the rented homes in Bolton are subsidized and the remaining 87.8% pay market rent. Subsidized housing is government sponsored economic assistance program aimed towards alleviating housing costs and expenses for people in need with low to moderate incomes. 38.3% of tenants in Bolton spend over 30% of their household income on shelter costs.

StatisticDollar Amount
Homes with a mortgage65.40%
Homes spending more than 30% of household income on the home22.50%
Homes that are subsidized by tax payers12.20%
Rented homes where more than 30% of household income is spent on shelter costs38.30%
comments powered by Disqus