Caledon Housing - Mortgages and Subsidies


In Caledon 74.6% of home owners have a mortgage on their home. 27.7% of home owners in Caledon spend more than 30% of their household income on shelter costs. When it comes to rented homes, 10.9% of the rented homes in Caledon are subsidized and the remaining 89.1% pay market rent. Subsidized housing is government sponsored economic assistance program aimed towards alleviating housing costs and expenses for people in need with low to moderate incomes. 40.1% of tenants in Caledon spend over 30% of their household income on shelter costs.

StatisticDollar Amount
Homes with a mortgage74.60%
Homes spending more than 30% of household income on the home27.70%
Homes that are subsidized by tax payers10.90%
Rented homes where more than 30% of household income is spent on shelter costs40.10%
comments powered by Disqus