Calmar Housing - Mortgages and Subsidies


In Calmar 56.5% of home owners have a mortgage on their home. 16.1% of home owners in Calmar spend more than 30% of their household income on shelter costs. When it comes to rented homes, 7.6% of the rented homes in Calmar are subsidized and the remaining 92.4% pay market rent. Subsidized housing is government sponsored economic assistance program aimed towards alleviating housing costs and expenses for people in need with low to moderate incomes. 22.8% of tenants in Calmar spend over 30% of their household income on shelter costs.

StatisticDollar Amount
Homes with a mortgage56.50%
Homes spending more than 30% of household income on the home16.10%
Homes that are subsidized by tax payers7.60%
Rented homes where more than 30% of household income is spent on shelter costs22.80%
comments powered by Disqus