Cayuga Housing - Mortgages and Subsidies


In Cayuga 58.5% of home owners have a mortgage on their home. 15.9% of home owners in Cayuga spend more than 30% of their household income on shelter costs. When it comes to rented homes, 11.7% of the rented homes in Cayuga are subsidized and the remaining 88.3% pay market rent. Subsidized housing is government sponsored economic assistance program aimed towards alleviating housing costs and expenses for people in need with low to moderate incomes. 35.4% of tenants in Cayuga spend over 30% of their household income on shelter costs.

StatisticDollar Amount
Homes with a mortgage58.50%
Homes spending more than 30% of household income on the home15.90%
Homes that are subsidized by tax payers11.70%
Rented homes where more than 30% of household income is spent on shelter costs35.40%
comments powered by Disqus