Chandler Housing - Mortgages and Subsidies


In Chandler 41.4% of home owners have a mortgage on their home. 6.3% of home owners in Chandler spend more than 30% of their household income on shelter costs. When it comes to rented homes, 16.6% of the rented homes in Chandler are subsidized and the remaining 83.4% pay market rent. Subsidized housing is government sponsored economic assistance program aimed towards alleviating housing costs and expenses for people in need with low to moderate incomes. 21.9% of tenants in Chandler spend over 30% of their household income on shelter costs.

StatisticDollar Amount
Homes with a mortgage41.40%
Homes spending more than 30% of household income on the home6.30%
Homes that are subsidized by tax payers16.60%
Rented homes where more than 30% of household income is spent on shelter costs21.90%
comments powered by Disqus