Chibougamau Housing - Mortgages and Subsidies


In Chibougamau 62.6% of home owners have a mortgage on their home. 10.3% of home owners in Chibougamau spend more than 30% of their household income on shelter costs. When it comes to rented homes, 19.3% of the rented homes in Chibougamau are subsidized and the remaining 80.7% pay market rent. Subsidized housing is government sponsored economic assistance program aimed towards alleviating housing costs and expenses for people in need with low to moderate incomes. 26.4% of tenants in Chibougamau spend over 30% of their household income on shelter costs.

StatisticDollar Amount
Homes with a mortgage62.60%
Homes spending more than 30% of household income on the home10.30%
Homes that are subsidized by tax payers19.30%
Rented homes where more than 30% of household income is spent on shelter costs26.40%
comments powered by Disqus