Fort Nelson Housing - Mortgages and Subsidies


In Fort Nelson 64.1% of home owners have a mortgage on their home. 7.5% of home owners in Fort Nelson spend more than 30% of their household income on shelter costs. When it comes to rented homes, 3.8% of the rented homes in Fort Nelson are subsidized and the remaining 96.2% pay market rent. Subsidized housing is government sponsored economic assistance program aimed towards alleviating housing costs and expenses for people in need with low to moderate incomes. 19.2% of tenants in Fort Nelson spend over 30% of their household income on shelter costs.

StatisticDollar Amount
Homes with a mortgage64.10%
Homes spending more than 30% of household income on the home7.50%
Homes that are subsidized by tax payers3.80%
Rented homes where more than 30% of household income is spent on shelter costs19.20%
comments powered by Disqus