Grand Falls-Windsor Housing - Mortgages and Subsidies


In Grand Falls-Windsor 51.7% of home owners have a mortgage on their home. 15.3% of home owners in Grand Falls-Windsor spend more than 30% of their household income on shelter costs. When it comes to rented homes, 27.7% of the rented homes in Grand Falls-Windsor are subsidized and the remaining 72.3% pay market rent. Subsidized housing is government sponsored economic assistance program aimed towards alleviating housing costs and expenses for people in need with low to moderate incomes. 42.8% of tenants in Grand Falls-Windsor spend over 30% of their household income on shelter costs.

StatisticDollar Amount
Homes with a mortgage51.70%
Homes spending more than 30% of household income on the home15.30%
Homes that are subsidized by tax payers27.70%
Rented homes where more than 30% of household income is spent on shelter costs42.80%
comments powered by Disqus