Hamilton Housing - Mortgages and Subsidies


In Hamilton 59.2% of home owners have a mortgage on their home. 18.8% of home owners in Hamilton spend more than 30% of their household income on shelter costs. When it comes to rented homes, 16.3% of the rented homes in Hamilton are subsidized and the remaining 83.7% pay market rent. Subsidized housing is government sponsored economic assistance program aimed towards alleviating housing costs and expenses for people in need with low to moderate incomes. 41.7% of tenants in Hamilton spend over 30% of their household income on shelter costs.

StatisticDollar Amount
Homes with a mortgage59.20%
Homes spending more than 30% of household income on the home18.80%
Homes that are subsidized by tax payers16.30%
Rented homes where more than 30% of household income is spent on shelter costs41.70%
comments powered by Disqus