Hanover Housing - Mortgages and Subsidies


In Hanover 46.7% of home owners have a mortgage on their home. 12.8% of home owners in Hanover spend more than 30% of their household income on shelter costs. When it comes to rented homes, 15.2% of the rented homes in Hanover are subsidized and the remaining 84.8% pay market rent. Subsidized housing is government sponsored economic assistance program aimed towards alleviating housing costs and expenses for people in need with low to moderate incomes. 46.3% of tenants in Hanover spend over 30% of their household income on shelter costs.

StatisticDollar Amount
Homes with a mortgage46.70%
Homes spending more than 30% of household income on the home12.80%
Homes that are subsidized by tax payers15.20%
Rented homes where more than 30% of household income is spent on shelter costs46.30%
comments powered by Disqus