Jasper Housing - Mortgages and Subsidies


In Jasper 60.3% of home owners have a mortgage on their home. 12.7% of home owners in Jasper spend more than 30% of their household income on shelter costs. When it comes to rented homes, 5.4% of the rented homes in Jasper are subsidized and the remaining 94.6% pay market rent. Subsidized housing is government sponsored economic assistance program aimed towards alleviating housing costs and expenses for people in need with low to moderate incomes. 40.1% of tenants in Jasper spend over 30% of their household income on shelter costs.

StatisticDollar Amount
Homes with a mortgage60.30%
Homes spending more than 30% of household income on the home12.70%
Homes that are subsidized by tax payers5.40%
Rented homes where more than 30% of household income is spent on shelter costs40.10%
comments powered by Disqus