In Joliette 54.4% of home owners have a mortgage on their home. 15.1% of home owners in Joliette spend more than 30% of their household income on shelter costs. When it comes to rented homes, 10.0% of the rented homes in Joliette are subsidized and the remaining 90% pay market rent. Subsidized housing is government sponsored economic assistance program aimed towards alleviating housing costs and expenses for people in need with low to moderate incomes. 37.5% of tenants in Joliette spend over 30% of their household income on shelter costs.
|Homes with a mortgage||54.40%|
|Homes spending more than 30% of household income on the home||15.10%|
|Homes that are subsidized by tax payers||10.00%|
|Rented homes where more than 30% of household income is spent on shelter costs||37.50%|