Kelowna Housing - Mortgages and Subsidies


In Kelowna 58.0% of home owners have a mortgage on their home. 24.8% of home owners in Kelowna spend more than 30% of their household income on shelter costs. When it comes to rented homes, 9.5% of the rented homes in Kelowna are subsidized and the remaining 90.5% pay market rent. Subsidized housing is government sponsored economic assistance program aimed towards alleviating housing costs and expenses for people in need with low to moderate incomes. 51.1% of tenants in Kelowna spend over 30% of their household income on shelter costs.

StatisticDollar Amount
Homes with a mortgage58.00%
Homes spending more than 30% of household income on the home24.80%
Homes that are subsidized by tax payers9.50%
Rented homes where more than 30% of household income is spent on shelter costs51.10%
comments powered by Disqus