Kitchener Housing - Mortgages and Subsidies


In Kitchener 61.9% of home owners have a mortgage on their home. 17.6% of home owners in Kitchener spend more than 30% of their household income on shelter costs. When it comes to rented homes, 12.4% of the rented homes in Kitchener are subsidized and the remaining 87.6% pay market rent. Subsidized housing is government sponsored economic assistance program aimed towards alleviating housing costs and expenses for people in need with low to moderate incomes. 40.0% of tenants in Kitchener spend over 30% of their household income on shelter costs.

StatisticDollar Amount
Homes with a mortgage61.90%
Homes spending more than 30% of household income on the home17.60%
Homes that are subsidized by tax payers12.40%
Rented homes where more than 30% of household income is spent on shelter costs40.00%
comments powered by Disqus