Lewisporte Housing - Mortgages and Subsidies


In Lewisporte 38.4% of home owners have a mortgage on their home. 5.4% of home owners in Lewisporte spend more than 30% of their household income on shelter costs. When it comes to rented homes, 19.5% of the rented homes in Lewisporte are subsidized and the remaining 80.5% pay market rent. Subsidized housing is government sponsored economic assistance program aimed towards alleviating housing costs and expenses for people in need with low to moderate incomes. 38.3% of tenants in Lewisporte spend over 30% of their household income on shelter costs.

StatisticDollar Amount
Homes with a mortgage38.40%
Homes spending more than 30% of household income on the home5.40%
Homes that are subsidized by tax payers19.50%
Rented homes where more than 30% of household income is spent on shelter costs38.30%
comments powered by Disqus