Midland Housing - Mortgages and Subsidies


In Midland 55.8% of home owners have a mortgage on their home. 22.2% of home owners in Midland spend more than 30% of their household income on shelter costs. When it comes to rented homes, 21.2% of the rented homes in Midland are subsidized and the remaining 78.8% pay market rent. Subsidized housing is government sponsored economic assistance program aimed towards alleviating housing costs and expenses for people in need with low to moderate incomes. 44.5% of tenants in Midland spend over 30% of their household income on shelter costs.

StatisticDollar Amount
Homes with a mortgage55.80%
Homes spending more than 30% of household income on the home22.20%
Homes that are subsidized by tax payers21.20%
Rented homes where more than 30% of household income is spent on shelter costs44.50%
comments powered by Disqus