Mont-Laurier Housing - Mortgages and Subsidies


In Mont-Laurier 57.8% of home owners have a mortgage on their home. 10.7% of home owners in Mont-Laurier spend more than 30% of their household income on shelter costs. When it comes to rented homes, 7.7% of the rented homes in Mont-Laurier are subsidized and the remaining 92.3% pay market rent. Subsidized housing is government sponsored economic assistance program aimed towards alleviating housing costs and expenses for people in need with low to moderate incomes. 42.6% of tenants in Mont-Laurier spend over 30% of their household income on shelter costs.

StatisticDollar Amount
Homes with a mortgage57.80%
Homes spending more than 30% of household income on the home10.70%
Homes that are subsidized by tax payers7.70%
Rented homes where more than 30% of household income is spent on shelter costs42.60%
comments powered by Disqus