Mount Forest Housing - Mortgages and Subsidies


In Mount Forest 55.3% of home owners have a mortgage on their home. 16.9% of home owners in Mount Forest spend more than 30% of their household income on shelter costs. When it comes to rented homes, 20.2% of the rented homes in Mount Forest are subsidized and the remaining 79.8% pay market rent. Subsidized housing is government sponsored economic assistance program aimed towards alleviating housing costs and expenses for people in need with low to moderate incomes. 37.8% of tenants in Mount Forest spend over 30% of their household income on shelter costs.

StatisticDollar Amount
Homes with a mortgage55.30%
Homes spending more than 30% of household income on the home16.90%
Homes that are subsidized by tax payers20.20%
Rented homes where more than 30% of household income is spent on shelter costs37.80%
comments powered by Disqus