Northwest Territories Housing - Mortgages and Subsidies


In Northwest Territories 61.5% of home owners have a mortgage on their home. 10.9% of home owners in Northwest Territories spend more than 30% of their household income on shelter costs. When it comes to rented homes, 39.3% of the rented homes in Northwest Territories are subsidized and the remaining 60.7% pay market rent. Subsidized housing is government sponsored economic assistance program aimed towards alleviating housing costs and expenses for people in need with low to moderate incomes. 22.5% of tenants in Northwest Territories spend over 30% of their household income on shelter costs.

StatisticDollar Amount
Homes with a mortgage61.50%
Homes spending more than 30% of household income on the home10.90%
Homes that are subsidized by tax payers39.30%
Rented homes where more than 30% of household income is spent on shelter costs22.50%
comments powered by Disqus