Olds Housing - Mortgages and Subsidies


In Olds 58.1% of home owners have a mortgage on their home. 16.4% of home owners in Olds spend more than 30% of their household income on shelter costs. When it comes to rented homes, 15% of the rented homes in Olds are subsidized and the remaining 85% pay market rent. Subsidized housing is government sponsored economic assistance program aimed towards alleviating housing costs and expenses for people in need with low to moderate incomes. 46.8% of tenants in Olds spend over 30% of their household income on shelter costs.

StatisticDollar Amount
Homes with a mortgage58.10%
Homes spending more than 30% of household income on the home16.40%
Homes that are subsidized by tax payers15.00%
Rented homes where more than 30% of household income is spent on shelter costs46.80%
comments powered by Disqus