Omemee Housing - Mortgages and Subsidies


In Omemee 55.4% of home owners have a mortgage on their home. 21.1% of home owners in Omemee spend more than 30% of their household income on shelter costs. When it comes to rented homes, 16.9% of the rented homes in Omemee are subsidized and the remaining 83.1% pay market rent. Subsidized housing is government sponsored economic assistance program aimed towards alleviating housing costs and expenses for people in need with low to moderate incomes. 46.1% of tenants in Omemee spend over 30% of their household income on shelter costs.

StatisticDollar Amount
Homes with a mortgage55.40%
Homes spending more than 30% of household income on the home21.10%
Homes that are subsidized by tax payers16.90%
Rented homes where more than 30% of household income is spent on shelter costs46.10%
comments powered by Disqus