Ontario Visible Minorities


In Ontario the population is made up of 30.65% visible minorities. The other 69.35% of the Ontario population are Not visible minorities. The most predominant visible minority in Ontario is South Asian which accounts for 29.86% of the visible minority population and 9.01% of the total population. The Chinese visible minority accounts for 19.39% of the visible minority population and 5.85% of the entire Ontario population. The Black visible minority accounts for 16.68% of the visible minority population and 5.03% of the entire Ontario population. The Filipino visible minority accounts for 8.34% of the visible minority population and 2.52% of the entire Ontario population. The Latin American visible minority accounts for 5.21% of the visible minority population and 1.57% of the entire Ontario population. The Arab visible minority accounts for 4.72% of the visible minority population and 1.42% of the entire Ontario population. The Southeast Asian visible minority accounts for 4.09% of the visible minority population and 1.24% of the entire Ontario population. The West Asian visible minority accounts for 3.7% of the visible minority population and 1.12% of the entire Ontario population. The Multiple visible minorities visible minority accounts for 2.83% of the visible minority population and 0.85% of the entire Ontario population. The Visible minority, n.i.e. visible minority accounts for 2.3% of the visible minority population and 0.69% of the entire Ontario population. The Korean visible minority accounts for 2.23% of the visible minority population and 0.67% of the entire Ontario population. The Japanese visible minority accounts for 0.65% of the visible minority population and 0.20% of the entire Ontario population.

StatisticPercentage
South Asian29.86 %
Chinese19.39 %
Black16.68 %
Filipino8.34 %
Latin American5.21 %
Arab4.72 %
Southeast Asian4.09 %
West Asian3.70 %
Multiple visible minorities2.83 %
Visible minority, n.i.e.2.30 %
Korean2.23 %
Japanese0.65 %
comments powered by Disqus