Oshawa Housing - Mortgages and Subsidies


In Oshawa 65.7% of home owners have a mortgage on their home. 19.8% of home owners in Oshawa spend more than 30% of their household income on shelter costs. When it comes to rented homes, 15.8% of the rented homes in Oshawa are subsidized and the remaining 84.2% pay market rent. Subsidized housing is government sponsored economic assistance program aimed towards alleviating housing costs and expenses for people in need with low to moderate incomes. 42.8% of tenants in Oshawa spend over 30% of their household income on shelter costs.

StatisticDollar Amount
Homes with a mortgage65.70%
Homes spending more than 30% of household income on the home19.80%
Homes that are subsidized by tax payers15.80%
Rented homes where more than 30% of household income is spent on shelter costs42.80%
comments powered by Disqus