Owen Sound Housing - Mortgages and Subsidies


In Owen Sound 54.6% of home owners have a mortgage on their home. 14.5% of home owners in Owen Sound spend more than 30% of their household income on shelter costs. When it comes to rented homes, 20.7% of the rented homes in Owen Sound are subsidized and the remaining 79.3% pay market rent. Subsidized housing is government sponsored economic assistance program aimed towards alleviating housing costs and expenses for people in need with low to moderate incomes. 43.9% of tenants in Owen Sound spend over 30% of their household income on shelter costs.

StatisticDollar Amount
Homes with a mortgage54.60%
Homes spending more than 30% of household income on the home14.50%
Homes that are subsidized by tax payers20.70%
Rented homes where more than 30% of household income is spent on shelter costs43.90%
comments powered by Disqus