Papineau Regional County Municipality Housing - Mortgages and Subsidies


In Papineau Regional County Municipality 68.8% of home owners have a mortgage on their home. 15.0% of home owners in Papineau Regional County Municipality spend more than 30% of their household income on shelter costs. When it comes to rented homes, 7.6% of the rented homes in Papineau Regional County Municipality are subsidized and the remaining 92.4% pay market rent. Subsidized housing is government sponsored economic assistance program aimed towards alleviating housing costs and expenses for people in need with low to moderate incomes. 40.9% of tenants in Papineau Regional County Municipality spend over 30% of their household income on shelter costs.

StatisticDollar Amount
Homes with a mortgage68.80%
Homes spending more than 30% of household income on the home15.00%
Homes that are subsidized by tax payers7.60%
Rented homes where more than 30% of household income is spent on shelter costs40.90%
comments powered by Disqus