Port Hope Housing - Mortgages and Subsidies


In Port Hope 53.1% of home owners have a mortgage on their home. 19% of home owners in Port Hope spend more than 30% of their household income on shelter costs. When it comes to rented homes, 14.8% of the rented homes in Port Hope are subsidized and the remaining 85.2% pay market rent. Subsidized housing is government sponsored economic assistance program aimed towards alleviating housing costs and expenses for people in need with low to moderate incomes. 37.1% of tenants in Port Hope spend over 30% of their household income on shelter costs.

StatisticDollar Amount
Homes with a mortgage53.10%
Homes spending more than 30% of household income on the home19.00%
Homes that are subsidized by tax payers14.80%
Rented homes where more than 30% of household income is spent on shelter costs37.10%
comments powered by Disqus