Regina Housing - Mortgages and Subsidies


In Regina 58.1% of home owners have a mortgage on their home. 13.0% of home owners in Regina spend more than 30% of their household income on shelter costs. When it comes to rented homes, 21.7% of the rented homes in Regina are subsidized and the remaining 78.3% pay market rent. Subsidized housing is government sponsored economic assistance program aimed towards alleviating housing costs and expenses for people in need with low to moderate incomes. 44.7% of tenants in Regina spend over 30% of their household income on shelter costs.

StatisticDollar Amount
Homes with a mortgage58.10%
Homes spending more than 30% of household income on the home13.00%
Homes that are subsidized by tax payers21.70%
Rented homes where more than 30% of household income is spent on shelter costs44.70%
comments powered by Disqus