Rockland Housing - Mortgages and Subsidies


In Rockland 70.5% of home owners have a mortgage on their home. 15.8% of home owners in Rockland spend more than 30% of their household income on shelter costs. When it comes to rented homes, 9.1% of the rented homes in Rockland are subsidized and the remaining 90.9% pay market rent. Subsidized housing is government sponsored economic assistance program aimed towards alleviating housing costs and expenses for people in need with low to moderate incomes. 35.9% of tenants in Rockland spend over 30% of their household income on shelter costs.

StatisticDollar Amount
Homes with a mortgage70.50%
Homes spending more than 30% of household income on the home15.80%
Homes that are subsidized by tax payers9.10%
Rented homes where more than 30% of household income is spent on shelter costs35.90%
comments powered by Disqus