Saint Andrews Housing - Mortgages and Subsidies


In Saint Andrews 46.3% of home owners have a mortgage on their home. 12.3% of home owners in Saint Andrews spend more than 30% of their household income on shelter costs. When it comes to rented homes, 23.5% of the rented homes in Saint Andrews are subsidized and the remaining 76.5% pay market rent. Subsidized housing is government sponsored economic assistance program aimed towards alleviating housing costs and expenses for people in need with low to moderate incomes. 38.2% of tenants in Saint Andrews spend over 30% of their household income on shelter costs.

StatisticDollar Amount
Homes with a mortgage46.30%
Homes spending more than 30% of household income on the home12.30%
Homes that are subsidized by tax payers23.50%
Rented homes where more than 30% of household income is spent on shelter costs38.20%
comments powered by Disqus