Saint-Hyacinthe Housing - Mortgages and Subsidies


In Saint-Hyacinthe 57.0% of home owners have a mortgage on their home. 13.1% of home owners in Saint-Hyacinthe spend more than 30% of their household income on shelter costs. When it comes to rented homes, 8.1% of the rented homes in Saint-Hyacinthe are subsidized and the remaining 91.9% pay market rent. Subsidized housing is government sponsored economic assistance program aimed towards alleviating housing costs and expenses for people in need with low to moderate incomes. 34.0% of tenants in Saint-Hyacinthe spend over 30% of their household income on shelter costs.

StatisticDollar Amount
Homes with a mortgage57.00%
Homes spending more than 30% of household income on the home13.10%
Homes that are subsidized by tax payers8.10%
Rented homes where more than 30% of household income is spent on shelter costs34.00%
comments powered by Disqus