Sainte-Marie Housing - Mortgages and Subsidies


In Sainte-Marie 51.3% of home owners have a mortgage on their home. 11.7% of home owners in Sainte-Marie spend more than 30% of their household income on shelter costs. When it comes to rented homes, 4.0% of the rented homes in Sainte-Marie are subsidized and the remaining 96% pay market rent. Subsidized housing is government sponsored economic assistance program aimed towards alleviating housing costs and expenses for people in need with low to moderate incomes. 25.9% of tenants in Sainte-Marie spend over 30% of their household income on shelter costs.

StatisticDollar Amount
Homes with a mortgage51.30%
Homes spending more than 30% of household income on the home11.70%
Homes that are subsidized by tax payers4.00%
Rented homes where more than 30% of household income is spent on shelter costs25.90%
comments powered by Disqus