Salaberry-de-Valleyfield Housing - Mortgages and Subsidies


In Salaberry-de-Valleyfield 57.3% of home owners have a mortgage on their home. 14.8% of home owners in Salaberry-de-Valleyfield spend more than 30% of their household income on shelter costs. When it comes to rented homes, 12.3% of the rented homes in Salaberry-de-Valleyfield are subsidized and the remaining 87.7% pay market rent. Subsidized housing is government sponsored economic assistance program aimed towards alleviating housing costs and expenses for people in need with low to moderate incomes. 38.2% of tenants in Salaberry-de-Valleyfield spend over 30% of their household income on shelter costs.

StatisticDollar Amount
Homes with a mortgage57.30%
Homes spending more than 30% of household income on the home14.80%
Homes that are subsidized by tax payers12.30%
Rented homes where more than 30% of household income is spent on shelter costs38.20%
comments powered by Disqus