Slave Lake Housing - Mortgages and Subsidies


In Slave Lake 66.3% of home owners have a mortgage on their home. 12.8% of home owners in Slave Lake spend more than 30% of their household income on shelter costs. When it comes to rented homes, 18.6% of the rented homes in Slave Lake are subsidized and the remaining 81.4% pay market rent. Subsidized housing is government sponsored economic assistance program aimed towards alleviating housing costs and expenses for people in need with low to moderate incomes. 39% of tenants in Slave Lake spend over 30% of their household income on shelter costs.

StatisticDollar Amount
Homes with a mortgage66.30%
Homes spending more than 30% of household income on the home12.80%
Homes that are subsidized by tax payers18.60%
Rented homes where more than 30% of household income is spent on shelter costs39.00%
comments powered by Disqus