Squamish Housing - Mortgages and Subsidies


In Squamish 74.3% of home owners have a mortgage on their home. 29.7% of home owners in Squamish spend more than 30% of their household income on shelter costs. When it comes to rented homes, 11.8% of the rented homes in Squamish are subsidized and the remaining 88.2% pay market rent. Subsidized housing is government sponsored economic assistance program aimed towards alleviating housing costs and expenses for people in need with low to moderate incomes. 54.2% of tenants in Squamish spend over 30% of their household income on shelter costs.

StatisticDollar Amount
Homes with a mortgage74.30%
Homes spending more than 30% of household income on the home29.70%
Homes that are subsidized by tax payers11.80%
Rented homes where more than 30% of household income is spent on shelter costs54.20%
comments powered by Disqus