Tavistock Housing - Mortgages and Subsidies


In Tavistock 59.1% of home owners have a mortgage on their home. 15.7% of home owners in Tavistock spend more than 30% of their household income on shelter costs. When it comes to rented homes, 15.5% of the rented homes in Tavistock are subsidized and the remaining 84.5% pay market rent. Subsidized housing is government sponsored economic assistance program aimed towards alleviating housing costs and expenses for people in need with low to moderate incomes. 35.7% of tenants in Tavistock spend over 30% of their household income on shelter costs.

StatisticDollar Amount
Homes with a mortgage59.10%
Homes spending more than 30% of household income on the home15.70%
Homes that are subsidized by tax payers15.50%
Rented homes where more than 30% of household income is spent on shelter costs35.70%
comments powered by Disqus