Thurso Housing - Mortgages and Subsidies


In Thurso 60.9% of home owners have a mortgage on their home. 9.3% of home owners in Thurso spend more than 30% of their household income on shelter costs. When it comes to rented homes, 5.5% of the rented homes in Thurso are subsidized and the remaining 94.5% pay market rent. Subsidized housing is government sponsored economic assistance program aimed towards alleviating housing costs and expenses for people in need with low to moderate incomes. 32.1% of tenants in Thurso spend over 30% of their household income on shelter costs.

StatisticDollar Amount
Homes with a mortgage60.90%
Homes spending more than 30% of household income on the home9.30%
Homes that are subsidized by tax payers5.50%
Rented homes where more than 30% of household income is spent on shelter costs32.10%
comments powered by Disqus