Timmins Housing - Mortgages and Subsidies


In Timmins 57.3% of home owners have a mortgage on their home. 12.4% of home owners in Timmins spend more than 30% of their household income on shelter costs. When it comes to rented homes, 23.9% of the rented homes in Timmins are subsidized and the remaining 76.1% pay market rent. Subsidized housing is government sponsored economic assistance program aimed towards alleviating housing costs and expenses for people in need with low to moderate incomes. 34.9% of tenants in Timmins spend over 30% of their household income on shelter costs.

StatisticDollar Amount
Homes with a mortgage57.30%
Homes spending more than 30% of household income on the home12.40%
Homes that are subsidized by tax payers23.90%
Rented homes where more than 30% of household income is spent on shelter costs34.90%
comments powered by Disqus