Vancouver Housing - Mortgages and Subsidies


In Vancouver 52.6% of home owners have a mortgage on their home. 28.9% of home owners in Vancouver spend more than 30% of their household income on shelter costs. When it comes to rented homes, 13.9% of the rented homes in Vancouver are subsidized and the remaining 86.1% pay market rent. Subsidized housing is government sponsored economic assistance program aimed towards alleviating housing costs and expenses for people in need with low to moderate incomes. 45.9% of tenants in Vancouver spend over 30% of their household income on shelter costs.

StatisticDollar Amount
Homes with a mortgage52.60%
Homes spending more than 30% of household income on the home28.90%
Homes that are subsidized by tax payers13.90%
Rented homes where more than 30% of household income is spent on shelter costs45.90%
comments powered by Disqus