Watrous Housing - Mortgages and Subsidies


In Watrous 42% of home owners have a mortgage on their home. 15.4% of home owners in Watrous spend more than 30% of their household income on shelter costs. When it comes to rented homes, 28.2% of the rented homes in Watrous are subsidized and the remaining 71.8% pay market rent. Subsidized housing is government sponsored economic assistance program aimed towards alleviating housing costs and expenses for people in need with low to moderate incomes. 30.8% of tenants in Watrous spend over 30% of their household income on shelter costs.

StatisticDollar Amount
Homes with a mortgage42.00%
Homes spending more than 30% of household income on the home15.40%
Homes that are subsidized by tax payers28.20%
Rented homes where more than 30% of household income is spent on shelter costs30.80%
comments powered by Disqus