Wellington County Housing - Mortgages and Subsidies


In Wellington County 62.8% of home owners have a mortgage on their home. 17.8% of home owners in Wellington County spend more than 30% of their household income on shelter costs. When it comes to rented homes, 14.1% of the rented homes in Wellington County are subsidized and the remaining 85.9% pay market rent. Subsidized housing is government sponsored economic assistance program aimed towards alleviating housing costs and expenses for people in need with low to moderate incomes. 39.9% of tenants in Wellington County spend over 30% of their household income on shelter costs.

StatisticDollar Amount
Homes with a mortgage62.80%
Homes spending more than 30% of household income on the home17.80%
Homes that are subsidized by tax payers14.10%
Rented homes where more than 30% of household income is spent on shelter costs39.90%
comments powered by Disqus