Westlock Housing - Mortgages and Subsidies


In Westlock 54% of home owners have a mortgage on their home. 9% of home owners in Westlock spend more than 30% of their household income on shelter costs. When it comes to rented homes, 22.4% of the rented homes in Westlock are subsidized and the remaining 77.6% pay market rent. Subsidized housing is government sponsored economic assistance program aimed towards alleviating housing costs and expenses for people in need with low to moderate incomes. 57.4% of tenants in Westlock spend over 30% of their household income on shelter costs.

StatisticDollar Amount
Homes with a mortgage54.00%
Homes spending more than 30% of household income on the home9.00%
Homes that are subsidized by tax payers22.40%
Rented homes where more than 30% of household income is spent on shelter costs57.40%
comments powered by Disqus