Whitecourt Housing - Mortgages and Subsidies


In Whitecourt 73.7% of home owners have a mortgage on their home. 16.1% of home owners in Whitecourt spend more than 30% of their household income on shelter costs. When it comes to rented homes, 3.4% of the rented homes in Whitecourt are subsidized and the remaining 96.6% pay market rent. Subsidized housing is government sponsored economic assistance program aimed towards alleviating housing costs and expenses for people in need with low to moderate incomes. 26.8% of tenants in Whitecourt spend over 30% of their household income on shelter costs.

StatisticDollar Amount
Homes with a mortgage73.70%
Homes spending more than 30% of household income on the home16.10%
Homes that are subsidized by tax payers3.40%
Rented homes where more than 30% of household income is spent on shelter costs26.80%
comments powered by Disqus