Windsor Housing - Mortgages and Subsidies


In Windsor 55.8% of home owners have a mortgage on their home. 18.2% of home owners in Windsor spend more than 30% of their household income on shelter costs. When it comes to rented homes, 21.6% of the rented homes in Windsor are subsidized and the remaining 78.4% pay market rent. Subsidized housing is government sponsored economic assistance program aimed towards alleviating housing costs and expenses for people in need with low to moderate incomes. 42.5% of tenants in Windsor spend over 30% of their household income on shelter costs.

StatisticDollar Amount
Homes with a mortgage55.80%
Homes spending more than 30% of household income on the home18.20%
Homes that are subsidized by tax payers21.60%
Rented homes where more than 30% of household income is spent on shelter costs42.50%
comments powered by Disqus